The ALL-IN-ONE charge Limiter App for MacBooks.
Use AlDente and extend the life of your MacBooks Battery. (MacOS 11 Big Sur or newer required)
Why do I need this?
Li-ion and polymer batteries (like the one in your MacBook) last the longest when operated between 20% and 60%. Keeping your battery at 100% most of the time will significantly shorten the lifespan of your MacBooks battery and Replacing an old battery is not only harmful to the environment but also costs up to $ 199. With AlDente installed, you can set a charging limit in a more healthy charging range, and with more features like Sailing Mode or Heat Protection you can keep your battery healthy even longer.
This feature allows your MacBook to run completely on Battery even if it is plugged in. Therefore, you can actively discharge your MacBook to a more healthy percentage.
Charging your battery while its temperature is high results in faster battery degradation. With Heat Protection enabled, charging will automatically stop when your battery temperature is too high.
Normally, your MacBooks battery will always charge and discharge slightly to stay at a desired SoC, even when the Charge Limiter is activated. With Sailing Mode, it is possible to set a "sailing" range in which the battery will stay. Example: Sailing Mode is set between 75% and 80%. After charging to 80% AlDente will automatically let the battery fall back to 75% over time. When 75% is reached, it will charge back to 80%
Live Status Icons
Keep track of everything whats happening with your battery with our live update menu bar icons which differentiate four states: Connected and Charging, Connected and Charging Paused, Connected and Discharging, and Discharging
You have planned a long working session with no access to a plug? No worries, with TOP UP activated, AlDente will charge your battery to 100% just one time.
Keeping your battery at a lower percentage, such as 20-70%, over weeks without doing full cycles can result in a disturbed battery calibration. To avoid this, you just have to do a full cycle at least once a month. With Calibration Mode activated, AlDente will perform a cycle (15%-100%) on its own. Schedule based Calibration will be implemented in a future update.
With shortcuts you can pause and start charging just with a right click on the menu bar symbol.
Stop Charging When Sleeping
With “Stop charging when sleeping” activated, AlDente will pause charging right before your MacBook goes into sleep. Therefore, charging will not continue even when it is in sleep.
articles and reviews about alDente
Supported MacBook Pro Models:
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, M1 Pro/Max, 2021)
- MacBook Pro (14-inch, M1 Pro/Max, 2021)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2020, Radeon 5600M)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Supported MacBook Air Models:
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)